Sunday, May 20, 2007

The House Began to Twitch


With my auto insurance policy up for renewal, I called Geico to go over my policy and see what might be trimmed. I had seen an ad of theirs that said for $25 you could buy identity theft protection (heck, at this point you can have it) so I wanted to look into it. I learned that that type of stealing your personality is only included with their homeowners policies. So I asked if I could get one of those and the pion on the other side said "Oh no, we don't insure THAT area it's wayyyyy tooooo dangerous!" My Brooklyn pride rose in me and I retorted that crime was way down here and this was like the Gold Coast. She told me many insurers were dropping the homeowners policies because the danger was not the crime but the impending hurricane and that's why I should buy the umbrella policy to cover any kind of catastrophe in my car or in my home. And so I wanted clarification as to what would be covered: would you cover: a flood? a meteorite? terrorist attack? How 'boutt a scud missile through the window? Well the agent pressed on but I assured her/him (I couldn't tell) that the building was quite sound and that I would think about it....

1 comment:

MissP said...

Lay Lady Lay, the scud missle could never destroy you! I could never have imagined a Geiko experience in such beautiful terms as you did. Post more!!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Photo Hunter